Thursday, February 26, 2009

Captain’s meditation on Mark 7:24-30

Are you limiting the work of God in your life by how you respond to the Lord?

In Mark 7:24-30 we read of a Syrophoenician (Greek) woman who came to Jesus for the healing of her daughter. Jesus didn’t want everyone to know where he was, but this woman had intentionally sought Him out for the healing of her little daughter possessed by an evil spirit. After seeking she fell at His feet and begged Jesus to drive out the demon from her daughter.

Jesus implied that He should feed His Jewish children first and not feed it to the dogs. Instead of taking offense she simply said, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs”.

This woman had sought out Jesus, fell at His feet, begged for an answer, refused to be offended at anything Jesus said, and then was willing to settle for a crumb size miracle from Jesus – and knew even a crumb from the Master would be enough for her daughters healing.

Jesus replied, “for such a reply, you may go, the demon has left your daughter.”

For such a reply... ... the demon has left your daughter

Lord may I be willing to intentionally seek you, even when it appears you are hiding.
May I fall at your feet and beg with boldness, knowing you can answer my every need.
May I never be offended by how you might answer my prayers. &
May I have the faith to settle for crumbs size miracles from my MIGHTY GOD knowing it will be more than enough to meet my every need.

How many times has my reply to God stopped or slowed down how quickly I saw God do something amazing in my life?

Lord help my every response be one of faith today!

No comments:

Post a Comment