Sunday, May 31, 2009

A blessed Sunday to you - pondering Psalm 40

Take the time to look up Psalm 40 today and read it through a few times slowly - and consider how worship naturally includes verbal declaration.

We discussed this just last week at church that over and over when you read of God doing something in, around, or through you, the appropriate response always includes a verbal declaration.

Here are just a few verses (read the whole psalm for yourself) and consider how many times the psalmist mentions that he must verbally respond to God.

Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God... 5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. ... 9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.... 16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"

Look again at how his worship causes him to verbally talk with God and pour out his heart.

The right response for all God has done for us includes lives of holiness and lips that forever give Him praise, and tell others of Him.

On this Sunday take some time to verbally give Him praise, not just to Him, but to others.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment