Friday, November 6, 2009

Songbook Song 415 "From every stain made clean"

Read carefully and meditate on these fantastic promises and declarations from our Salvation Army Songbook written by Herbert Howard Booth ...

1. From every stain made clean, From every sin set free;
O blessed Lord, this is the gift That thou hast promised me.
And pressing through the past Of failure, fault and fear,
Before thy cross my soul I cast, And dare to leave it there.

2. From thee I would not hide My sin, because of fear
What men may think; I hate my pride. And as I am appear,
Just as I am, O Lord, Not what I'm thought to be,
Just as I am, a struggling soul For life and liberty.

3. While in thy light I stand, My heart, I seem to see,
Has failed to take from thy own hand The gifts it offers me.
O Lord, thy plenteous grace, Thy wisdom and thy power,
I here proclaim, before thy face, Can keep me every hour.

4. Upon the altar here I lay my treasure down;
I only want to have thee near, King of my heart to crown.
The fire doth surely burn My every selfish claim;
And while from them to thee I turn, I trust in thy great name.

5. A heart by blood made clean In every wish and thought,
A heart that by God's power has been Into subjection brought,
To walk, to weep, to sing, Within the light of Heaven;
This is the blessing, Saviour-King, That thou to me hast given.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment