Monday, October 25, 2010

A link & a tip for using prayer to share your verbal witness.

First just a forward from "OneNewsNow" link click here The team that prays together... (OneNewsNow.com)
For the The world will be getting more and more upset (persecution) as we stand up for our Savior Jesus Christ.


Now a thought on praying your witness... Use Jesus' Name in your prayers and pray often. I had someone just a few months ago mention that they heard me pray "the way of salvation" in front of others at a community event and he said it was a great way to take advantage of public prayer. Basically as we started the event I prayed something like, "Jesus I thank you for your gift of salvation offered freely by your life, death, and resurrection, so that sinners like me can accept you by faith, repent of our sins, and choose to live our lives for you. I thank you that living according to Your Word promises that it will bring You glory and that it's for our own good right now today"... then I went on to thank God for some of our blessings, and asked His blessings on that days events.

It's not that hard to mention God's plan of salvation in your prayers. In fact it would be a pretty weird thing for someone to interrupt your prayer time (although you might hear about it later), but at least you got it out there where people could hear it. What's the worst thing that could happen - there might be some public conversation about using Jesus Name at an event? Again that's just more opportunity for you to share what you believe and why.

Just a few weeks ago I had a meal with someone from my wife's family who is an un-believer. The setting wasn't right for a direct approach or I didn't feel the Holy Spirit's leading (or perhaps I just wasn't bold enough) to talk about their faith. As we sat down for a meal at the restaurant together I simply said, "How about we pray for our meal, let's pray quick," then I started right in. Again I quickly a thanks to God for all His blessings, the blessings of getting together with family, and the blessing of a meal, and then I quickly thanked Him for His offering us eternal salvation through the gift of His Son Jesus Christ and said Amen." We then started right back into our conversation and enjoying the meal.

To share the conclusion of the meal... After the meal I got the bill and after getting my receipt back I placed a silver coin track for a tip (which I do virtually everywhere we eat.) Our guest just happen to notice (I hadn't even meant for them to see) and they said, "what's that a medallion"? I said it was a gospel tract and handed them one for themselves (I always keep several in my wallet). They said it was interesting so I followed up with, "I keep the big money here", and showed them a million dollar bill tract I always have on me too. They said it was cool so I told them to keep it, and they didn't refuse.

This person heard the gospel in a nutshell over prayer and they were left with a couple reminders that they can hold on to and see again later. Hopefully there is an open door for us to share later. At least the seed was planted. I'm sure God will bring another person to follow up.

Not ready for an open air sermon on the street corner, try praying the gospel in front of a friend this week.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment