Thursday, October 14, 2010

Only so many in the boat

Hello soldiers and fellow followers of Jesus,

This is just a quick brag on my daughter Emily. Last night around the dinner table something from school prompted the old reminder of the exercise that went, "you are in a boat at sea and there are more people than fit in the boat, you have to decide who to toss overboard, who do you pick", I went on to tell her that in the exercise there was usually a "cool" person, a "jock", a "rich" person, a "special needs" person, a "famous" person, and a "dork" of some kind. So I asked Emily, "If your teacher asked you who would you through out, what would you say?" Her response was, "I'd jump overboard to save a seat for someone else since I know I'm going to heaven.

If only we would  all be at the point where we were each willing to die to proclaim the message that Jesus saves for eternity, this lifeboat we are in now won't stay afloat forever, make sure you tell someone how to be right with God through a relationship with Jesus today.

Repent and be born again today - unlimited seats available in heaven!

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment