Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Restaurant Prayers - IHOP

I've said in the past that our family usually prays for those who serve us in restaurants. Tonight we took the camp staff out to say thank you and asked the waitress if there was anything she needed prayer for. She immediately said yes. She and her husband are watching a 1 year old and 2 year old who just lost their mother. She said she'd only have them for a while until they could get them to the father, but until then they could use prayer for themselves and the kids. This time instead of praying for her as we got our meal, I asked if she would mind if we prayed for her right then. She said she'd love it. I led a prayer for her with our staff and she was elated. She thanked us at least 3 times (and even went in the back and bragged to some of the other employees what we had just done for her and made her night). We left a track for her and I hope to be able to follow up in the days ahead when we stop back in for another meal. Again I don't think I'm as bold as I ought to be with the gospel, but asking someone if they'd like prayer is just too easy not to do. Leaving a tract is too easy not to do. Offering this to those who are in the service industry who can't possibly get mad at their customers leaves all of us without excuse. We in America still have the ability to share with risk to our lives (at least for now) so how can we not do more. Lord please grant me the boldness I ought to have for you.

If you are looking for a safe way to start getting out of your shell in approaching others with the gospel? If you say you don't have any non-believing friends? Why not try some restaurant prayers and drop me a line and let me know how it goes.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment