Friday, March 27, 2009

6 Resolutions by Willaim Booth (at age 20)

1. That I will rise every morning sufficiently early to wash, dress, and
have a few minutes, not less than 5, in private prayer.

2. That I will, as much as possible, avoid all that babbling and idle talk
in which I have lately so sinfully indulged.

3. That I will endeavor in my conduct and deportment before the
world and my fellow servants especially to conduct myself as a
humble, meek and zealous follower of Christ, and by serious
conversation and warning endeavor to lead them to think of their
immortal souls.

4. That I will read no less than four chapters in God’s Word every
day.

5. That I will strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of
heart and leave providential events with God.

6. That I will read over this every day or at least twice a week.

“God help me, enable me to cultivate a spirit of self-denial and to
yield myself a prisoner of love to the redeemer of the world.”

“I feel my own weakness, and without God’s help I shall not keep
these resolutions. The Lord have mercy upon my guilty soul.”

Soldiers - live resolved to live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment