Thursday, March 19, 2009

Captain's meditation on Exodus 14:13-15

Listen to the loving Heavenly Father's advice to His children... Calm down, quit your whining, and move on!

The Enemy is closing in, they might kill, destroy, and enslave us, but listen to God's response in Exodus 14:13-15 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Then the LORD said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.

I don't have a new great revelation for a deeper meaning in the text, maybe God just needs to occasionally tell his children to Calm down, quit your whining, and move on!

Lord if that is us today, may we be obedient to your command.

Calm my spirit and release me from worry, knowing that you intend to deliver me completely from everything that is currently attacking me. Help me to turn my whining into prayers of praise, prayers for wisdom, prayers for protection and deliverance, and prayers that your will be done. Now Lord let me not be paralyzed by fear, but walk in Your Spirit of power, love, and self-control. Amen

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment