Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Captains meditation on Numbers 14

Read again Numbers 14 - what an amazing piece of scripture. I was just meditating on the fact again that "the tongue has the power of life and death". What we profess and claim (in Jesus Name) greatly impacts what we receive.

Just some points again as I read through Numbers 14...

1. The people grumbled against God's leaders saying if only we had died in Egypt or the desert, we should choose a leader and return. - How often do we forget all we have been delivered from and we are willing to go back to old ways as opposed to claiming new ground for God.

2. The profession of men who trust God enough to say, "If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them."

3. The Lord's anger at lack of faith, disbelief, and testing God, by refusal to obey Him and take Him at His Word - to do that is to treat God with contempt.

4. The example of godly men standing in the gap for others.

5. God notices men who follow Him with a "different spirit and follows him wholeheartedly".

6. The Israelites were not willing to go when God said "go", but where willing (in their presumption) to attack the enemy after God had spoken "don't".

For prayerful meditation...
  • Lord keep my mouth and heart from grumbling against You and your leaders.
  • Help me never desire anything that you have delivered me from before.
  • Grant me the continual desire to claim to ground your Word says I can surely have.
  • Help me daily profess, "If the Lord is please with me, he will lead me into the land and promises He has prepared for me.
  • May I never fear any enemy when You are for me.
  • Help me to walk by faith and simply take you at your Word.
  • Continue to develop me into a man that consistently stands in the gap for others and who has a different spirit that will follow you wholeheartedly.
  • May I always go when you say go, but never run into a battle either in presumption (not first seeking your will) or worse - running into a fight when you have said "be still".

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment