Sunday, June 28, 2009

Have a blessed Sunday - Entire Sanctification

Hello Soldiers, fellow followers of Jesus, and friends of the Army.

For what ever reason you may miss time at the corps today (or your local church) here is something to consider.

I invite you to meditate on these words written by Charles Wesley in 1742

Oh, for a heart to praise my God,
A heart from sin set free!
A heart that always feels thy blood,
So freely spilt for me!
Thy tender heart is still the same,
And melts at human woe;
Jesus, for thee distressed I am -
I want thy love to know.
Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart;
Come quickly from above;
Write thy new name upon my heart,
Thy new, best name of love!

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 says... May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Entire Sanctification isn't too difficult to explain is it? I was meeting with one of our young people going through soldiership classes this week and described it this way... entire sanctification is the place where you have set apart everything you have and are to Jesus, so that if He asks you to give away your IPOD, you give it away. If He asks you to change your profession, move, give away all your money, change what you watch on TV (or throw it out), witness to the scary guy on the corner, whatever - you have predetermined that whatever God asks for, you have already set it aside for Him to have.

Is there any part of your life (possession, pass-time, or personality) you haven't surrendered to God? With God's help you can give Him what He asks for today. Once you do He will bless in ways you can't possibly imagine.

Live life fully-surrendered, completely abandoned to the leading of Christ's Holy Spirit today.

Lord show me anything I am holding on to today that I haven't fully trusted into your hands, that I may willingly surrender back to you. I accept that everything I have and my very life are a gift from you today. Thank you for it. May an overwhelming motive of love drive every decision I make. Your will be done.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment