Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Best part of WYI for me?

The Salvation Army should soon be posting things from the Western Youth Institute events like pictures, video clips, etc. (I'll post a link when they do).

Until it does let me just give one of my best WYI moments. There was great prayer time with other believers, testimonies all week were fantastic (ranging from victory over sexual abuse, depression, even people who God rescued from witchcraft). Worship was awesome. Teaching and Preaching was top-notch, God honoring, and aggressive Christianity at it's finest. The day of service and outreach was a blessing.

One of the moments that most blessed me was during and evening of testimonies. At one point a blind young lady came up to give her testimony of the week (her first testimony in a big crowd - like many that night). She gave a great testimony and after she asked if she could sing a song, of course the place went crazy in encouragement. Had she started singing 'poorly' it would still have been fantastic, but she burst out with the voice of an angel and the confident assurance of a child of God singing "He knows my name".

Needless to say the congregation of about 200 young people either burst out in applause or into tears being deeply moved by her voice and the working of the Holy Spirit (I'll admit I was of the crying group).

The whole week was a blessing, but her testimony in song was the best part of WYI for me.

Still trying to get back on track with work and family schedule, Captain Michelle and the girls come home tonight (Praise God for my family). Thank you all for your ongoing thoughts and prayers.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment