Friday, August 21, 2009

Great song for meditation today.

Here's another great hymn we sang at WYI (with a contemporary beat!)

William Booth said, "why should the devil have all the good music"! - He doesn't... AMEN!

This song was written by Elvina Hall and appeared in a hymnal for the first time back in 1868, but the words are still as powerful and true today...

Jesus Paid It All

I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness....watch and pray
Find in me....thine all in all

Chorus:
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin hath left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and Thine alone
Can change the leper's spots
And melt the heart of stone

For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim
I'll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calvary's Lamb

And when before thy throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment