Thursday, August 6, 2009

William Booths 6 resolutions for "daily rations"

At age 20 William Booth wrote down these 6 resolutions for his "devotional time".

1. That I will rise every morning sufficiently early to wash, dress, and have a few minutes, not less than 5, in private prayer.

2. That I will, as much as possible, avoid all that babbling and idle talk in which I have lately so sinfully indulged.

3. That I will endeavor in my conduct and deportment before the world and my fellow servants especially to conduct myself as a humble, meek and zealous follower of Christ, and be serious conversation and warning endeavor to lead them to think of their immortal souls.

4. That I will read no less than for chapters in God's Word every day.

5. That I will strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of heart and leave providential events with God.

6. That I will read over this every day or at least twice a week.

"God help me, enable me to cultivate a spirit of self-denial and to yield myself a prisoner of love tot he redeemer of the world." ... ... " I feel my own weakness, and without God's help I shall not keep these resolutions. The Lord have mercy upon my guilty soul."
------

Make sure you spend time with God today.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment