Thursday, March 31, 2011

Come, thou Fount of every blessing...

We sang this song on Sunday at it is still running through my mind.

Lord with your ever flowing streams of mercy may I be bound to you by grace because you know in my human nature I am so very prone to wander. Lord forgive my wandering heart again and make me wholly sanctified.

I claim right now that You who has begun such an amazing transforming work in me, You will complete it. "Glory, glory, Jesus saves me, Glory, glory to the Lamb! O the cleansing blood has reached me, Glory, glory to the Lamb!"

The Salvation Army Songbook song #313 by Robert Robinson (1735-90)
Come, thou Fount of every blessing

1. Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.

Chorus
Glory, glory, Jesus saves me,
Glory, glory to the Lamb!
O the cleansing blood has reached me,
Glory, glory to the Lamb!

2. Here I raise my Ebenezer,
Hither by thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.

3. Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed his precious blood.

4. O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace, Lord, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to thee.

5. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.

Live holy, preach Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment