Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prayer for the - wicca

First of all, those of you who know me know that I truly miss being a corps officer (that's where the true action is). That being said God has been faithful and gracious to give me opportunities to witness for Him even here in our Divisional Headquarters.

Today a young man not quite 20 years old made his way into the building related to a job with the Army. During his time here he shared that was going to officially join a religious group this weekend - Wicca. A fellow employee (once caught up in witchcraft) shared how she had been delivered and found Jesus. After some sharing with him a little she called me in to talk with him a while. Our time was limited and he moved from one random thought to another trying to cover everything from the multiple gods he believed in, to re-incarnation, to him really wanting "proof" of everything in Christianity (but now having any proof for his current beliefs and admitting that even if there were proof for God he wouldn't care), and on and on.

Before our short conversation was over I was able to briefly share the gospel and told him that it sounded like he really wanted "Truth". I gave him my name and number and told him to call me anytime if he wanted to talk more, and that in the meantime I was praying for him what I pray for me as well, that God would show him the Truth of who HE really is.

Lord today thank you for the reminder that you have delivered others from falsehood.

Lord today I thank you for allowing me to serve you (even when it's more of an administrative role) if I will just be available and looking for those who need to hear your truth.

Lord today please save the young man I met today, let him find that You alone are The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

May every army building, facility, program, and soldier be a place where the gospel is ready shared with boldness, truth, and love.

 -- Please shoot some prayer for this young man and those caught up in falsehood--

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

---------------------------------
Live holy, preach Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment