Monday, March 7, 2011

The Power of Claiming a Name

Recently I was thinking about the power in claiming a name.

Often I have my fear in a conversation lessen when I can drop someone's name. I'm here to se "so and so" or the manger "so and so" asked me to do this or that. Just introducing myself to someonoe new can be made so much easier by saying, "hey I hear you are also a friend with 'so and so' " and I am too.

There is no doubt I love to drop the name of "The Salvation Army". I find power in mentioning "I'm with The Salvation Army", it empowers me, endorses me, and lends weight to what I'm saying because people respect the name so much.

At the name of The Savlation Army I feel empowered because there is power in a good name.

How much more should you and I claim the name of Jesus Christ. His Name should be even more equipping, empowering, and endorsing than the name of HIS Salvation Army.

Today in your conversations don't be ashamed of HIS NAME, be quick to mention His Name, Jesus,  after all - there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Go out boldly claiming and declaring His Name today!

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment