Thursday, May 19, 2011

A word of encouragment to my friends at DHQ

Recently at a Corps review I was mentioning how I missed "the field" and that DHQ is a special ministry and important for resourcing those "on the front lines" of ministry, but that I did miss being a corps officer terribly.

A retired officer gave me a word which moved me greatly and I received as from the mouth of God.

This man of God retold the story of David in 1 Samuel 30 (feel free to grab a bible and read it today). David is going off to fight against the Amalekites, he has 600 men, but 200 are too tired for the fight and stay behind to watch the supplies while 400 men go with David off to battle.

On a victorious return the 400 men didn't want to share the plunder with the 200 left behind with the supplies.

David's response is found in 1 Samuel 30:24... The share of the man who stayed with the supplies is to be the same as that of him who went down to the battle. All will share alike.

This wonderful "retired" (whatever that means) officer told me that just because I wasn't in the fight (at the field level), that my share would be the same as if I had been in the battle, simply because I was being obedient to where God had asked me to be "on the supply line".

All this I know in my head to be true, but in my heart that day it hit very close to home.

Thank you to all the officers and soldiers serving in the field in the heat of battle for the salvation of the world. Keep up the good fight, victory is certainly ours in Jesus Christ.

For those of my fellow officers, soldiers, employees, and volunteers at Divisional and Territorial Headquarters and other support roles, be not discouraged, God sees your service, and you will share in the victory and the field sees people come to Jesus daily!

Finally, remember that there is a mission field in and around where you work to, tell someone about Jesus today.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment