Thursday, April 30, 2009

A good witnessing day

Philemon 1:6 says... I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

There are some gifts, blessings, and opportunities for empowerment that will only come as we fully obey the Lord.

God has no need to equip you for a task you are unwilling to perform, but settle in your heart and mind you will witness for Him, and He will supply you abundantly more than all you need for the task.

If we follow Jesus He says He will make us fishers of men, so don't just be seen swimming with them in casual conversation, actually cast out a line and mention Jesus.

Today was a good day, unfortunately the sharing of my faith is often quite sorry - but God forgives and then empowers us to press on.

Here's the report of the day...

1. I had the opportunity to make a phone call to someone the Lord has had on my heart. I simply told them I had a question for them, but now that I've done it, there will be an opportunity to talk.

2. I also had opportunity to talk and pray with someone at the thrift store who recently lost a loved one. I simply asked, "what do you think happens after this life", after their answer I was able to affirm the hope we have in Jesus.

3. I spoke with someone who is battling cancer - not having much time to talk I simply said that knowing that we will all leave this world someday, I just want to make sure that everyone I know has put their hope in Jesus so that we can be reunited with Him someday.

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

You'll never fully know how great God is, until you step out in faith and see Him move on your behalf, and who knows maybe lead someone to the Savior today.

Shoot back a comment and let me know how your witnessing is going.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment