Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Psalm 23 Remix - the "anti-scriptural" version?

PSALM 23 REMIX - I found this at www.sendthefire.ca

The T.V. is my shepherd I shall always be in want.
It makes me to lie down on the sofa,
it leads me away from the faith,
it destroys my soul.
It leads me to the path of sex and violence for the advertiser’s sake.
Even though I walk in the shadow of Christian responsibilities,
there will be no interruption, for the T.V. is with me;
its cable and remote control, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial for me every few minutes.
And anoints my head with secular humanism and consumerism;
My cup of ‘greed’ and ‘want’ runs over.
Surely ignorance and laziness shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall loaf around in the house of wretchedness watching T.V. forever.

Questons for consideration and meditation...
- How much T.V. do you watch?
- What affect do you think T.V. has on your life?
- How is it shaping your attitudes towards things? Actions? Mind? Relationships with others?
- How do you decide what to watch and what not to?
- Have you ever switched the channel because content wasn’t appropriate?
- Compare your time watching T.V. to prayer time. Which is greater? Why is that?
- Does God get your "prime time" or your leftovers?

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment