Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lessons from my garage door?

Carrying on the thought from yesterday's post about Samson not knowing the Lord had left him...

Just a couple weeks ago our garage door motor died. Here in homer there's really only one place to get it repaired and that one man was out of town for two weeks, then another week to order parts. While I waited for the repair I kept habitually pushing the garage door button in my van only to find that the power was gone.

Can you imagine doing something habitually, that you have always done before, and not knowing the power was gone?

Unfortunately I believe that too many Salvation Army Corps, too many churches, and too many believers just slip into autopilot, just doing what we've always done, and we don't realize that God invited us to move on to new things.

Let's not be afraid to admit when God has called us to move on from old things that have served His purpose in the past, to new things, new "programs", new strategies, and a new fresh empowerment of His Spirit.

Let's not live out of habit, but daily empowered by the Lord.

To you my fellow soldiers, officers, and followers of Jesus, you are on my heart today and my prayers are with you.

Live holy, preach Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment